Two Questions

ONE

We recently bought a 95 525ia. We use the car strictly for commuting and
highway driving. We have no intention of becomong involved with any
competition events, in other words the brakes on the car will be used
hard only in the event of an emergency. The car we repalced was used for
the same purpose and our current second car, a Jeep Grand Cherokee is
used either for long trips or on city streets.

Both the previous car and the Jeep had dust protectors for the wheels.
To the best of my knowledge, there has been no roter damage or warpage
on the roters for either car The jeep is a 93 and has 40,000 miles the
other car a Taurus had 113,000 miles.

QUESTION 1

Will I do damage to the BMW rotors if I install dust shields given the
driving conditions I described? Has anyone any actual experience?

TWO

 I am considering ordering a chip for the car. I took the black plastic
cover off of the box that is
just forward of the firewall on the passengers side. There are two
electronic units in the box.
The forward one is fastened to the mounting bracket by 2 nuts and
appears easy to remove.
The rear one has what appear to be two brass colored clips holding it in
place. Which one of the
units contains the chip and if it is the rear one, how are the clips
removed or loosened so that
the unit can be removed?

TIA

Don