<E30-M3>Hard Starting Problem

Gentlemen,

Looking for some help on this problem.  Car has invariably started, but
only after as many as ten or so crankings.  It acts as if if has no spark
OR no fuel.

It failed me in Corpus Christi the weekend of the Tejas Chapter get
together and was left at the dealer.  We have replaced the rotor, the
distributor cap, fuel filter, and the MBE main diode relay (I was told this
was intermittent).  Car ran fine and started fine until after the movies
last night when it went back to about 8 tries before it started.

I'm at a loss...any suggestions that don't require taking out a second
mortgage on the house?

Thanks in advance for the help.

BTW...surging during acceleration has been eliminated by these new parts.
It's a lot smoother through acceleration, just this nagging starting problem.

Paul Lonnquist
McAllen, TX