<Misc> Re: Ozone

>layer (how a substance that is heavier than air gets all the way to
>the ozone layer is beyond me, and the ozone layer is much higher than
>clouds so don't tell me about how it attaches itself to water vapor).

The ozone layer in the sky is formed by the Suns UV rays reacting with
oxygen, it does not float to the sky from ground level ozone pollution.

Just Some General Info on Ozone for anyone who may be interested:

Although ozone has some bad connotations associated with it, it is becoming
increasingly popular in the US in the water treatment, pulp and paper and
other industries where chlorine is widely used.  Chlorine, now that's bad
stuff!!!

Because ozone is a powerful oxidizer that has many environmental uses.  The
beauty of ozone is that it is absolutely oxygen in threes and after you are
done bleaching, disinfecting, etc. the residual ozone can easily be
converted back to oxygen by thermal or catalytic reactions.

Ozone is detectible to the nose at such low concentrations that being able
to smell it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to kill you.  Make no
mistake, ozone at high concentrations can kill you though.

For anyone who would like to know what ozone smelld like, hang around your
copying machine or go out after a lightning storm.

Regards,
Anthony

You can visit the Ozonia Web Sites for more interesting information:
www.ozonia.com
www.ozonia.ch