The Ultimate Drive

Hello All,

Last year at this time, there were a number of posts regarding the Drive
for the Cure that was being sponsored by BMW dealers around the country.
On a whim, I called one of the local dealers, Motorwerks BMW, here in
Minnneapolis to see when the event would take place.  It happened here
today, and i had the chance to sign up for it.  Now, it would typical to
describe what the car felt like and what my opinions were of Bimmer I
drove, but I think maybe there is a larger issue here.

I had the chance to listen to Peggy Martin, the "Local Hero" for the Twin
cities leg of the Drive.  Peggy is a young woman who is a world-class
wheeklchair athlete.  A year ago, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and
has gone through the gamut of treatments.  She spoke eloquently and
honestly about her cancer and about how it has affected her life.  I must
say that it made the test drive seem insignificant in relation to the real
intent of the Drive for the Cure.  the General Manager of Motorwerks BMW
said that it was pretty rare having the cars be the focus of something
other than a sales pitch.  The money raised by BMW for breast cancer
research is to be commended.

This is one of those rare instances where you can have a ton of fun in a
car that you might only dream of owning, and at the same time, you can help
raise $$$ to fight a deadly and devastating disease.  I encourage you all
to give yourself a little kick in the ass and call your local Bimmer dealer
and find oout when the event will take place in your neighborhood.  You
will get a toll-free number to set up your driving appointment.

Oh, by the way, the Z3 does corner flatter and brake more quickly than my
'02, but in the end, they're both Bimmers and they're both great cars.

GET SIGNED UP NOW!!!!!!

Dean Davis
North Star Chapter
BMW CCA #125940

1975 2002
1984 325e

Driving tip from Red Green:  "If you don't have a proper tire guage, use a
pea shooter.  Slip the pea shooter over the valve, drop in a pea, then tilt
the valve to release the pressure.  (Do not look down the end of the
shooter to see if the pea is coming.)  A tire at normal pressure in zero
wind conditions can fire a pea 225 yards or lodge it 3 inches into a human
buttock.  (Don't ask.)  If the pea doesn't go that far, or in fact drops
into the tire, you need air.  Inflate the tire until just before it
explodes."