Re: <all> shifting w/o the clutch / '89 M3 shifting

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 22:47:51 -0400
From: Ben Keyes <bkeyes1@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: <all> shifting w/o the clutch / '89 M3 shifting

I have done this on almost every manual trans car I've ever driven on
upshifts.<

Ben - a few years ago a driver won the main event at Cotati in a Birdcage=

Maserati after blowing the clutch on the start.  All shifting was done
clutchless.  I was at an impressionable age and drove the family Chevy ho=
me
without use of the clutch, except to accommodate full stops.  The trick i=
to just match the revs before attempting to engage the gears.  Syncros ar=
not relevant, except that good ones may prevent an inept attempt at
clutchless shifting from destroying the transmission.

Brant