Re: Short shift mod, tip # 5, Circlip removal

   Since I had my '96 328is up in the air to install the X-brace,  I removed
the shift selector rod, that Alan and I bent a couple of weeks ago, to get a
scan of it.  I really tried the thumbs method of removing the circlips.  No
cigar.  I will have to consult Lob Revinson for further info on the proper
procedure:).  For a look see of the simple tool that worked for us, connect to
my home page and check out circlip.gif under the drivetrain heading.  Ken
Dobyn used a screwdriver from above to get the rear clip.  Another good idea.
 RonStygar@domain.elided FLY BMW (not all thumbs)
  http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_ronstygar.html