BMW Motorsport (Snap-On) Ltd. Ed. Toolbox

Get your attention with that title? <g>

I was hob-knobbing with the Snap-On Management Team at a specialty tool
show in town that I had an invite to last night.  They had some absolutely
beautiful Limited Edition Toolboxes there (NASCAR, Chevy, Harley Davidson,
etc.) that were quite nice.  I mentioned that I had NEVER seen a specialty
commemerative toolbox done for BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, etc., and they
responded with "Do you think there is a market for one?"

"YES!!" (at least I'd buy one).

Question is.....would any of ya'll?

Imagine this.....a mid size BMW MOTORSPORT toolbox (Painted WHITE & with
Anodized Black-Out Trim) made by Snap-On, with the side and front wrapped
with the Motorsport Decal as seen on the Lightweight M3's.....and artwork
on the top lid showing a PTG's Daytona-winning M3 at speed.  Figure $
3,500.00 to $ 4,500.00 as a price.

Lemme know via e-mail if you'd be a serious player for one of these.
Snap-On would have to contact BMW for royalty rights and see enough
interest to make it worth while.  Since we have about 4,000 + on the
Digest, this is a good testing ground to gauge interest.  I'll accumulate
and forward the responses to the right people at Snap-On if demand merits it.

I'm well aware of how much less expensive Craftsmen boxes are (like a Chevy
is less that a BMW), so spare me the economical theories, please.  I'm only
interested in hearing from those that think this is worthwhile endeavor.

<Break to Scene at Collie Household 8 months from now> ... hollering: "No
Honey, that's my old Sears Toolbox!  I just had it painted white and a
bunch of old BMW stickers put on it...its not new!!"

On another note....they had a new electronic tool there that I almost
bought, but the $ 400.00 price tag held me back - an electronic Brake Fluid
Tester. Hooks up to a 12v power source, dip the probe end into your brake
fluid resevoir, and in 30 seconds it will give you an accurate readout of
the condition (moisture) in your brake fluid as a temperature boiling
point.  No more guessing if you need to change your fluid before track
days.  This would be a great tool for each Chapter to buy as a part of Tech
Inspection before Driver's Schools.

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC///Team Bubba Racing (Smiling Vulture)
National Capital Chapter