Re: Tire(d) Question

Paul, if you're anywhere near Silver Spring (even if you're not) you
should give Paul Moorcones a call at Radial Tire Co. 301-585-2740.  He
is CCA friendly and always advertises in the NCC magazine and sponsors
various activities as well.  He can and will give you the straight poop
on tires because he realizes he'll make more money from selling a bunch
of tires to a bunch of enthusiasts than from ripping one guy off.
(okay, so he's an enthusiast himself).

Paul asks

> I need to buy some new tires for my 1991 318is.  Having just gone to my
> first driving school, I am looking for a tire that will serve me well
> when I go back for a second school. However, I would also like to buy a
> tire that performs very well on the road and is relatively safe in the
> rain.  As for snow, I am not as concerned.  I live in Maryland and the
> amount of snow we receive will not affect my tire decision.
>
> I have 14" wheels, so I am looking at some 205/60 R 14's.

- --
Pat Donahue  CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL