<E36> Reverse Lights Not Working

Sergio has a problem where neither of his E36 reverse lights work, and after
replacing both bulbs and the reverse light fuse, they still don't work.
You either have a wire problem somewhere or your reverse light switch is
out.  Between the two, I would go with it being the reverse light switch.
It is really easy to replace if you can get the car off the ground (lift,
jack stands or levitation will work).  The switch is screwed in on the
passenger side of the transmission, and is about as easy to get out as the
tranny fluid fill plug.  If your going to attempt to do the job yourself,
make sure the car is cold and securely off the ground (jackstands).  I think
the cost of the switch is like $20, at least that is what I paid for it.

Greg Koenig
'94 Dinanstein
BMW CCA GGC
SFR SCCA