Re: E30 Overheating -- any advice?

In addition to Kenn's advice,  make sure that the radiator is not
clogged.    At 110k my E30 had a clogged radiator and the clog was right
in front of the fan.  This meant that the air flowing through the center
of the radiator did not heat up to a temperature that would cause the
fan clutch to kick in.  If its clogged you can't really clean it out,
you have to get a new one or a used one that was never clogged.  After
replacing my radiator, my car has never gone beyond the 1/2 on the heat
guage, that includes running in 95+ degree temps, with the AC on while
idling.

- -Kurt Zimmerman
Hoosier Chapter