Re: E28 A/C degradation of performance

Also, if the dryer is bad, check the metal screen filter in the compressor.  This
entails removing the highpressure side hose at the compressor.  You'll see the
screen filter right in the hole.  After mine died, this screen was clogged with
the black gunk from the dryer.  If this has happened, I don't envy you, becase the
whole system has to be flushed to get all the gunk out!!!!!

Good Luck,
Russ