Burned up Motronic on M50

My recent troubles concerning a consistent engine miss just got worse.
Initial check by my independent BMW mechanic (Auto Advantage in Manassas, VA)
indicates that ignition coil #3 went and took out the Motronic.  Since my 525i
is chipped by Jim Conforti, I asked him if he had heard of this occuring
before.  He was kind enough to reply:

>There is a BULLETIN on M50 motors having a bad batch of coils..
>The coil actually dies first and shunts XX thousand volts back
>into the DME killing it..
>Sorry to hear of your problem, but it's actually common on
>the M50 motors.
>
>Jim C.
>
>PS: Being at work, I don't have the bulletin handy or I'd give
>    you the number.. but it's not a "hidden" one!

Using the ALLDATA web site I found TSB 1202923506 from Feb 92, Ignition Coil
Failure.
Questions: Is this the correct TSB? Has this occurred to anyone else and has
anyone had any luck getting BMW to cover part of all of the parts/labor?  I'm
calling the local dealers (Washington D.C. area) today, so any experience or
advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to Jim C., and to Stephen Rowe and Jim Durant for earlier advice.

L. Dwayne Johnson
'91 525i
BMWCCA 125752

End of bmw-digest V9 #28