RE: ASC stays on in a 1994 BMW 325iC

I recently has the same problem. It is the ABS sensor probalbly on one
of the front wheels. Eventually what will happen is that the light will
stay on every time you will turn ignition on. ABS stops working in that
case. While reading this digest several months ago, someone suggested to
clean the sensor, however, it is ridiculous and stupid suggestion. IT
WILL NOT HELP, whoever gave that suggestion had no idea of what he/she
was talking about. The only way is to replace the sensor, the sensor for
the front wheel cost $95, or at least that is how much I paid for it on
Patrick BMW dealership in Shamburg IL. You can test the sensor by
disconecting it from connector and attaching ohmmeter to it, if the
resistance is infinite, that means that the sensor is bad and needs
replacement. The proccess of replacement takes about 15 minutes. You can
find more material on replacing the sensor from Chiltons Book.
Defective front wheel sensors is a very common problem in BMWs.

Mike
94 325IS