Radio/Cd compatibility

I am considering "upgrading" the stock headunit from my 1988 M5 with a
headunit from a 1992 325i.  My chief concern is hooking up a cd changer
to the unit, although this will also take care of the failing stock
unit. I understand the 1992 unit is compatible.  Anyone know of the
aftermarket manufacturer and model number of the changer that works with
this unit.  Also, any advice on the install, or on whether I should even
proceed with this changeover in favor of something else.  By the way,
the e28 M5 has the dreaded separate fader.  Thanks.

Andrew Skopp
96 328i (spoiled w/ cd changer)
88 M5 (w/ whiny cassette only)