<all> a good fix for peeling/rusting wiper arms...

Hi everyone,

OK, so I am a little bored tonight. Anyway, I have a good suggestion for
any of you plagued with paint peeling off of your wiper arms. Shrink-wrap
the whole arm from the shoulder at the base where the thin steel bar arm
joins the holder right all the way to the end.

You can clean off the rust and oxy-solv the area first if you like, even
paint it if you want. (painting kind of defeats the main idea behind this
fix however) Next get yourself enough of the thick black shrinkwrap tubing
in an appropriate size to go all of the way up and around the arm bend. You
want to shrink wrap the whole works - be careful threading the shrinkwrap
on there since the bend at the end is tight and you don't want any breaks
in the tubing.

Once the tubing is on there get out your heatgun (with heatshring tubing
shroud installed!!! Do NOT melt anything on the front of your car!) and do
to it.

The result - a nice flat black rubber-looking finish that won't peel or
flake off.

Total time if you have all the stuff ready - maybe 10 minutes. Well worth
doing.

Aaron
Aaron Bohnen                     email: bohnen@domain.elided
- -Ph.D. Candidate, Civil Engineering Department, U.B.C.
- -Technicraft Engineering Services