Re: E30 Convertible FS what year is it

Chris Fowler wrote:

>I found a beautiful E30 325ic for sale.  It may be a 90,91 or 92.  I'm not
>sure.  The dealer that it is located at states that it is a 90 convertible
>and the interior looks to be like from a 90 car.  There are parts however
>on this car from 87.

Chris from what you say, it sounds like looks is all the car has. Judging
by the parts from various years, who knows what else there is wrong with
it.

Just for your info, the 11th digit of the 17 digit VIN code is the year
of manufacture. It should be a letter, and the code key to what they are
for the years in question is:

H - 1987
J - 1988
K - 1989
L - 1990
M - 1991
N - 1992

Rolf

Rolf Drommer  eMail: sunbimr@domain.elided

Membership Director BMW Car Club of BC
Club Website: http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/bmw/

Rolf Drommer 'SUNBMR' '92 E30 318i Cabrio
Personal Website: http://home.iSTAR.ca/~rolfd/