re-<e36>manual trans fluid change q's

Marshall Lytle wrote

is fill plug is on right side of trans?....depends which way you are
standing....it is on the passenger side

and drain plug in center bottom?.....yes

are there washers on these plugs that need to be replaced like on the oil
pan drain plug?.......no

is the torque spec for both plugs 37lb-ft?......yes

I thought I had read that the fill and drain plugs were 17mm hex plugs, but
it looks like mine use a normal socket, unless I am looking at the wrong
items....can someone confirm what they are supposed to be?.....
They are 17mm bolts. You were probably getting the trans and diff mixed up.

Just a little advise....always loosen the fill plug before you take out the
drain plug.

George Boudreau, TSgt, USAF, CCA# 137797
95 325is
83 323i

TIA for the info!

Marshall