Thanks for all the help on the 740iL

Well, I took all of the great advice I got here and did not purchase the
car.  I really want to thank everybody who helped out.  I mentioned the
problem to the dealer, and they told me it was just running rough because
somebody steam cleaned the engine incorrectly.  Yeah right.

Anyway, I found a great car, though not a V-8 with low miles, and it is
exceptionally clean.

I got a 95 525i.  The sticker on the door puts its manufacture date at
12/95, so it is still fairly new.

It is a little doggy, compared to the 740, but I suspect with a little help
from all of you (and a trip to Dinan in Mountain View, CA) I can get
respectable perofrmance from her.  I am truly happy!

Thanks again.

John Fountaine

PS how do I get in to the BMW car club now!?   ;)