Painting Calipers-Just did it--my story...

Hi gang,

I just finished the weekend project of putting on new rotors and painting
calipers.  I have always seen some attention to this task here and wanted
to give my story.

I found out about a place called UltraPerformance out in AZ.  they sell a
product called Folia Tec  Brake Laquer.  I guess other people carry it as
well, but thats where I got mine.  It is basically a super high heat
resistant Lacquer Paint. basically all you do is take off the calipers,
clean all the crap off them and paint them up.  I let mine dry overnight.
I can't believe the coating.  It really is a bright glossy Lacquer paint.
I will take a good look at them in a few months to see wear and tear, but I
am rather impressed with the finish. They have yellow, red blue and black.
I went with yellow.  My car is Blue looks cool to me.  They also claim that
oil, brake dust etc. won't stick to it.  Seems you could probably just hose
it off.  Any way-it was rather easy, cost only 55 bucks with shipping, and
looks good so far.  My only recommendation is to buy an extra can of brake
cleaner from Pep Boys or something.  they include one in the kit, but It
wasn't enough.  Clean the calipers with a good steel brush.  They give you
what appears to be a small can of paint, but it is more than enough to get
the job done.
	I'd love to hear from anyone else who has used this stuff, just to hear if
I am in store for any "suprises" down the road, but so far so good.
	Ultra's # is (520) 721-8787 if you are interested.  I know this may sound
like a plug for all these companies, but I don't work for any of them.
Just wanted to pass along a good experience with a product.  Actually the
fella I talked to there was sort of a bone head and I took a week longer to
get the stuff then he originally told me.-
But C'est la vie

Robbie Kollar
Knoxville, Tn Smoky Mtn Chapter
95 ///M3  Avus Blue w/yellow calipers