<E36 M3> 235/40 ZR 17s on 17x8.5" rims?

Michael  Cohen said:

>I've got two new Michelin Pilot SX MXX3 235/40 ZR 17 tires for sale. I
>got them for replacements on my 1995 M3 but have decided to go with four
>tires of a different brand. Asking $400/obo plus shipping.

    My '97 M3 is in dire need of some new rear rubber. I want to stick with
Michelin Pilots since my fronts are only about half worn. Would Michael's
tires fit on my rear (17x8.5") rims? If not, does anybody have some half
worn  245/40 ZR17s lying around? I need to do something soon and I would not
like to mix tires.

Thanks in advance,

Jordi Cuervo