CA. Dealer Recommedation

>Date: Thu, 30 Jul 1998 15:37:49 -0700
>From: nitya@domain.elided (Nitya Ramchandani)
>Subject: Good Bay Area BMW Dealer: Claridges BMW, Fremont, CA.

>Hi,
>I have been testing the customer support regarding service at various BMW
?dealers around the Bay Area and have decided IMHO that Claridges BMW in
>Fremont, CA. is the best.

Nitya ('98 M3/2)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Nitya,

Glad that you are happy with Claridges. I can't concur. I think their
service stinks. Examples....
took my 750 in to repair the seat cable problem. Got the car back and the
seat back is still torqued even though the cable is now fixed.Take the care
back... wait. Told that the encoders are all set up correctly seat is in
spec. BS.... Any idiot can see that the back rest is twisted. I end up
making the adjustment myself by disconnecting the motor cable and adjusting
one side to match.

Example two- Before above experience- take car in for recall of brake
switch and air bag contact ring. Stereo had been removed and not replaced
correctly so that volume knob and pre-sets were below the plane of the face
plate. Idiots had jammed the stereo against a cable in the rear of the head
unit. Worse carpet was a mess with grease and plastic pieces from the
switch all over the area.

There is another example (a friend's car)  but you get the point.
Dinan gets my business now.

- -Kevin Kiely
BMWCCA, GGC