Re: 1987 L6 HELP **Rob

 Tim <polekat@domain.elided> wrote:

>Subject: 1987 L6 HELP
>
>I have a female friend who has bought a 1987 L6 in excellent condition
>and is looking for information on its secutity features. She says there
>is a grey steel bar under the steering column in the car and it can
>pivot. She believes this has something to do with the car's security
>system

        I think she has discovered the telescopic-steering adjustment lock.
Pull the bar down (so it sticks out from the column) and the wheel can be
pulled out/pushed it.  Leave the wheel where you want it, lock the bar back
down, and the wheel won't move.

        Not really a security feature unless the thief has really short
arms.

- - Rob Levinson
'85 535i Turbo