etc; 323is heated mirrors

- ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01BDBB31.EECC4D00

>I live in the south and notice
>that even in this 100plus weather the heated outside mirrors get VERY hot
>- - almost too hot to touch. Is this normal?  Shouldn't they only heat up
?in cold weather?

Mike,  I asked this question a few weeks ago about my 98 328i.  I notice the
same thing with my side mirrors.  I found out from my local BMW dealer that
all new 3 series have continuously heated mirrors.  BMW  eliminated the use
of the external temperature to control the heated mirrors to simplify the
system (read as "to reduce warranty work, reduce maintenance costs").  So,
on a hot day you can fry eggs on your mirrors (if you tilted your bimmer on
it's nose).

As for your other questions, I'll leave them for others to respond.  I would
also be interested in what is suggested to remove water spots.  My black
bimmer is prone to spotting.

Greg Miller
98 328i/4

- ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01BDBB31.EECC4D00

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#d8d4d8>
<DIV>&gt;I live in the south and notice <BR>&gt;that even in this =
100plus=20
weather the heated outside mirrors get VERY hot <BR>&gt;- - almost too =
hot to=20
touch. Is this normal?&nbsp; Shouldn't they only heat up <BR>?in cold=20
weather?<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mike,&nbsp; I asked this question a few weeks ago about my 98 =
328i.&nbsp; I=20
notice the same thing with my side mirrors.&nbsp; I found out from my =
local BMW=20
dealer that all new 3 series have continuously heated mirrors.&nbsp; =
BMW&nbsp;=20
eliminated the use of the external temperature to control the heated =
mirrors to=20
simplify the system (read as &quot;to reduce warranty work, reduce =
maintenance=20
costs&quot;).&nbsp; So, on a hot day you can fry eggs on your mirrors =
(if you=20
tilted your bimmer on it's nose).&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>As for your other questions, I'll leave them for others to =
respond.&nbsp; I=20
would also be interested in what is suggested to remove water =
spots.&nbsp; My=20
black bimmer is prone to spotting.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Greg Miller</DIV>
<DIV>98 328i/4</DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_003A_01BDBB31.EECC4D00--