>From: Mike Chadwick <mchadwick@domain.elided>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 08:41:32 -0400
Subject: Long life coolant

Last month (I think), Roundel ran an article about long life coolant
(Texaco's Dexcool).  The product sounded good, so I put it in my new (to
me) motor after my recent swap.  Right after the swap, I ran the motor 4
days on water only (as a sort of flush job) before I reverse-flushed and
filled with 60/40 Dexcool.  Now, in this months Roundel, there is an
article about "Dexcool", warning that when used in motors that have
previously ran standard coolant, the Dexcool will instantly form
deposits when it comes in contact with the standard coolant remaining in
the system, and that even a flush will not remove all traces of the old
coolant.  My concern is apparent, should I immediatly flush and fill
with standard coolant, or is the damage done, and I have to live with
the deposits in my system?  (The temp is perfect, even idle w/AC in 90
degrees, BTW)  Any suggestions are appreciated...
<