Chicago area hotel recommendation requested/Manitowoc ferry schedule

Chicago area friends:

I am attending a "convention" in the downtown Chicago area at McCormick Place
next to the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place at 2333 South Martin Luther King Drive.
I am requesting recommendations for a hotel within 30-45 minutes "easy" commuting
distance to the McCormick Place (McCormick place is the convention center on Lake
Michigan and is a short distance from Soldier Field/Field Museum/Shedd Aquarium/Meig's
Field area).

The hotel should be less than 100$ per night single, in a safe area, "easy" commute to
McCormick Place, and my BMW M3 with comprehensive alarm (token content ;-)) won't
be appropriated. I need to stay for at least 6 days.

I also need to know what the schedule is like for the Manitowoc ferry that travels from
Manitowoc, WI to Ludington, MI. Does it run 7 days a week? How often? What are the
hours of operation? Are "reservations" or advance purchase of tickets needed? Will my
stock height 1995 M3 have problems driving onto the deck or into/onto the boat? Is there a
phone number I could call for more information? I have surfed the web and there is no
information about my questions on the web when I looked 1 month ago.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Marc
1995 M3