<E36 M3> CD Changer Inoperative

Hi, all.  My trunk mounted, dealer installed, six-disc CD changer has started
giving me a Disc Error message and stopped working.  After three or four
attempts at taking the cartridge out of the player to inspect the discs and
reinsert the cartridge, the thing has said "enough" and now won't eject the
cartridge when I press the button anymore, either.  Now, this might all be
related to the thugs at Menard's who helped me load fifteen sixty pound bags
of concrete into the back of the car last week -- one of them may have bounced
off the CD changer in the process...  (Yes, that's right, I was carrying 900
pounds of cement in the back of the car.  It's a much cheaper way of getting
that "lowered" look than buying a whole new set of shocks and springs, and you
get cool "creaking and groaning" sound effects at no extra charge!)

Is there a reset button on the changer?  It's possible that I loaded my
stepson's "Simpson's Sing the Blues" CD in the cartridge upside-down -- some
sort of Freudian slip...  Please let me know of your suggestions before I take
it to the dealer for their team of highly qualified electronics technicians to
take over the project...  TIA

Chad Klingbeil
Minneapolis, MN
95 M3