E34 suspension question

I took my 89 535 to a local mechanic to have him install front struts
(Bilsteins) that I have ordered. The car felt great with new struts.

On the service ticket he wrote some comment regarding worn suspension
parts. This is what he wrote. "Idler arm has slight movement, also both
side brake reaction rod has movement and boots have been torn for awhile
and grease is full of dirt."

My question is... What is he talking about? Is he talking about the
control arms? If someone could figure out and let me know what he means by
idler arm, brake reaction rod and boots I would really appriciate it.

Given you have figured out what the mechanic is talking about, how hard
is this to replace? Will it require any special tool? How much will it cost?

Thanks in advance.

Seunghyun Chung
BMWCCA # 133440 (Hoosier Chapter)