Re: E30 Timing Worry...Where In Chicago?

Franc,

I'd think the timing belt quote was a good one partly because
he's independent and also because of my location, Conway,
AR 30 miles west of Little Rock. He does imports but I trust
him with bmw because he did some very good work on one
of my friend's 528 and always offered a reasonable price as
opposed to the dealer. My timing belt doesn't seem to offer
any signs of deterioration but I would go ahead and change it
cause just like your car, there doesn't seem to be any info
regarding when it was last changed. The guy I bought it from
said that it would be wise to do it even if it wasn't due but
close to its changing time to avoid the extra expense involved
if it were to break. As for the six hours, seems like quite a
challenge to me, I haven't gotten the manual yet, so I'll
probably pass on it this time . But thanks for your info, I'll
the problem you are experiencing might be due to the
timing belt but I can't really say. Hope someone can help
you figure that one.

Mike -- 325 '86