[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Windshield treatments

    Tony> How well does RainX work?  Is Bon Ami really that great?
    Tony> How frequently (or infrequently) is reapplication required?
    Tony> Does RainX really cause glare?  I guy I work with swears by
    Tony> it.

RainX:

I use it and like it.  If I don't reapply it for 3 months, it's gone,
so I suppose that every month would be about right.  (Ok, so I'm not
as fanatical about that as I am about wax.)

I have never noticed glare or streaking.

Right after I apply it, if I'm going > 35mph in light to medium rain,
I *turn off* the wipers for better visibility.  That part only last
about a week, though.

As far as swearing by it?  It's worth the time and (very small) money,
but given the choice between RainX and windshield wipers...

On hint:  after applying it per directions (wipe one, dry, wipe on
again, buff) mist with water and buff again.  If you don't do this
your windshield (or at least mine) will be slightly hazy until it is
hit by some water.

Dewey