[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Headbolts

Ryon:  The 2.5 liter headbolts, which I assume are the same as those for the
2.8 are torx headed and are still marked 10.8 (if my eyes aren't failing too
badly).  I'd highly recommend the factory bolts.  You must use washers (from
your old bolts ok) on each new bolt.  Get the tightening specs and order
correct.  It is to first torque, in a specified order starting at the center
and working out, the bolts, then, in the same order turn each one a certain
number of degrees and then repeat for all.  Different engines may be
different and may require a pause for a certain period of time between
tightening.  The 2.5 liter part number is 11 12 1 726 478 and they should
cost about $35 with BMW CCA discount from a dealer such as The BMW Store in
Cincinnati.

Ken Partymiller