[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: <E30 M3> Track wheels/tires

Paul - I just bought five 16 x 7.5 wheels from tire rack that fit my '88
M3 perfectly.  They are made by Ronal ACT and are their model LS.  They
are a cross spoke theat is very similar to the factory alloy.  The center
cap uses a screw to hold it on instead of a twist-lock onto the wheel as
the factory alloy.  I am very satisfied with them.  Tire Rack's P/N is
LS67552024SFC.  Cost is $129 each.  The offset is 25mm which is far
better than most as wheels such as Racing Dynamics, TSW, etc. use the
5-series 15mm offset and stick out further than I like and further than
stock.  The factory alloy offset is 28mm.  Here's the catch and maybe why
the Tire Rack rep did not know of these wheels.  They were original made
for a Chevy but Tire Rack re-drills the bolt pattern to 120mm and
enlarges the pilot hole to 72mm.  Their work was very good and mounted
the wheels alone on a balancer to check runout and it was nil.  I mounted
Yokohama AVS-I's and everything is smooth and no rubbing.  I confirmed
the re-drilling process with a Ronal rep and he said it was no common in
the industry.  Dan at Tire Rack ext. 337 knows of these wheels.

Regards,
Stu Raike, St. Louis
'92 325i
'88 M3