[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

318i problem

I have an '84 318i with 140,000 miles.

        The car was running fine until one day it just slowed down and
stalled.
It started up right after and ran fine all day. Later that evening it
did the same thing but this time it happened again and again. The last
time it would not start at all but the engine was turning over and the
batery was fine. I checked out all the obvous possibilities and could
not find anything wrong. The car runs well when it is above 65 derees
and sunny. When the temperature drops down mostly at night the car
either
doesn't start or starts and then idles down and then won't start. The
problem seems to be either fuel related or eletrical maybe a sensor that
is effected by teperature. I have not yet taken it to a machanic because
the air temperature has been warm. If anyone knows what the problem may
be or have any tips on what I can do besides taking it to a mechanic
please write to me as soon as possible.