[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hood Pad Replacement

Ordered replacement hood pad set from BMP yesterday and removed my old
set today.  I got just about all the foam off but the contact cement or
whatever is still on there.  Can it be removed or should I install the
new over it?  I'm concerned if I install over it the new set will just
fall off eventually.  Also, can anyone with access to a parts database
tell me what the part# is for the thin foam strip that runs parallel to
the front of the car about 6-8" back from the front edge of the hood?  I
believe it is supposed to seal the engine bay from water/wind/debris
coming in under the edge of the hood.  Thanks for any advice you can
lend.

Scott Buchanan
Charlotte, NC
'87 535is