[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Poor shifting automatic 3.0si

My son has a 75 3.0si automatic, which is experiencing some weird
shifting problems. The tranny was just rebuilt and now a couple of
months later it starting doing the following: When cold, it doesn't
upshift for a long time, even though the revs get quite high. Finally it
will shift from 1-2nd then repeat before shifting from 2-3rd. Once the
engine warms up, the shifting is ok. My guess (without knowing anything
about BMW auto trannies) is that something is interferring with the
vacuum supplied to the vacuum modulator when the engine cold enrichment
circuit is active.

Unfortuantely, he's a zillion miles away from the guy who rebuilt the
tranny, so taking it back isn't an option.

Anybody (DonE?) who works on Big 6's got any clues on this one?

John Browne