[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V5 #267

>--------------------------
>From: STEVEE30M3@domain.elided
>Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 06:10:31 -0400
>Subject: e30 m3 exhaust cam gear
>
>I am considering installing a cam gear on my  73,000 mile '88 M3.  I would
>like to find out from other M3 owners who have made this upgrade whether
>there is truly a noticeable increase in mid-range power as claimed.  Also
>wondering whether there are any negative side effects such as rough idling,
>etc.?

I installed the gear in my '88 M3.  It does give an increase
in mid-range power.

No rough idling.

I have also done a JC Chip, K&N, Borla, free flow cat.  Thinking
of doing larger throttle bodies.

Anyway no adverse effect from any of the mods and it passes
the smog check so clean that they get dilution errors.

Kent