[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Safety recall for '95 E36

> From: cshuster@domain.elided
> Date: Tue, 24 Sep 96 19:34:10 pst
> Subject: Safety recall for '95 E36
>
>   The NHTSA web site (http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/) has service bulletins in
>   addition to recall info -- for free!

Note that we don't have the full text of the bulletins.  The only reason
I have been able to discover for this is that we will do a "search" in
our TRD (Technical Research Department) for a price to give (sell) you
that info.  However; I should think that armed with the info we give
(free) you you should be able to get the rest from the dealer.

>   Patrick, what is the difference between "Year" and "Year of Recall"?  On
>   some entries, "Year" seems to be the model year, and is the lower value;
>   on others, "Year of Recall" is lower.
>
>   --Cy--

The only thing I can think of is that either there is a component
involved that had previously been recalled (questionable) or this is a
typo in the database. I'm not going to volunteer to go through and look
for typos though as we have recalls for cars, trucks, motorcycles,
safety seats, lights, etc for some large number of back years up to
present.
- --
Pat Donahue
Vienna, VA