[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 wheels/tires/etc. on E36 325i

Mark-
<<I'm considering installing E36 M3 springs, shocks, bars, wheels, and tires
on my 1992 325i. My BMW wheel catalog warns that I need a "steering lock
limiter" and a "modified rear muffler."  From 1993 on, these parts are
apparently not needed.>>

I did exactly that-well just the wheels...got the M Contours for my 92.  I
had it without the wheel lock limiters for a couple of days, but when you
turn the wheel all the way, it rubs the wheel well.  The lock limiters were
only about $40, but the place charged almost $200 to have them installed b/c
they had to take the whole axle off and re-align everything.  They are worth
it to save those not inexpensive 235/40 ZR 17's, though.

My replacement car is a 94, so I don't have to worry about it now-

Josh
jrhea@domain.elided
ex-92 325i
to-be 94 325i