[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Headbolts

David Ask
"Has anyone of you (E30 325i owner) had the 14 hex bolts replaced with the
torx type?  Is this a must upgrade?"

David this upgrade is one that is strongly recommended. I have never seen
one of the bolts come loose either. Instead what happens is that the bolts
just break right under the head of the bolt, resulting in a head gasket
leak in most cases. I have pulled the valve cover of a couple of cars to
adjust the valves to find that the head of the bolt is just floating around
in the rocker area. Get the upgrade done pretty soon . If one of these
bolts should break then there is a good chance of damage being done to the
rockers,cam etc. Shop around for a good shop to do the work, It should only
run about $125.00 for the parts and labor.
Thank you

Spence
Mesa Performance Parts
Parts for BMW and Porsche