[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36> Tilt Steering Column

                                       Subject:
                                       <E36> Tilt Steering Column Recall

Cy (cshuster@domain.elided) Wrote:

<snip>
  I found this recall item under the M3 model, but note that at the botton
  it says it applies to "models 325i, 325ia, 325is, 325sa, and M3".  I
  haven't heard this one discussed before.
<snip>

Actually, most everyone knows this recall, whether they know it or not. It is
the recall that eliminated tilt steering column from all E36's except the
convertible (The dealer had no idea why the convertible was exempt). BMW
eliminated the tilt steering column from production after this. Thanks to this
irrelevant test (unbelted tests don't seem too relevant to me) we all lost
tilt steering from our cars.  : (

Jim Cowing
95 M3 (no tilt)