[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Door panel bubbles, 89 535

Thanks to all who responded to my original post.  It seems that I am
not the only one with this problem.  I talked to BMW NA on Monday and
as most of you predicted they did not assume any responsibility for
this.  They insisted that the car is long out of warranty and has high
mileage.  The person that I talked to agreed that mileage has no
bearing  but he said that this is there standard policy.  Asking to
talk to somebody else, he said that the buck stop here and my other
alternative would be to write a letter for which I can expect the same
response in writing.

Overall I am very disappointed of the fact that the interior of car
costing over 40K new  (I paied about 20K for it used) should fall apart
in 7 years.  I drive a 1988 audi with higher mileage that has
absolutely no sign of interior wear.  The BMW is parked in the garage
and my wife works part time.  My audi sits outside all the time.

Anyways I plan on writing a letter to BMW NA.  I will send you guys a
copy of my letter and I will also send a copy to BMW CCA.  I will post
their response as well.

Chances are that I need to deal with this but I think BMW deserves all
the negative publicity that I can generate.

Thanks again for your responses...

David