[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:<633> Registry @ shimmy

     Stan

     I had the same shimmy with my '83 633.  Replaced the thrust bushings
     and the shimmy vanished, plus the car appears to handle much better.
     I had the job done by a local BMW shop, they used 733/735 bushings,
     which are to last a lifetime.  Total cost was about $300.

     I am also interested in a 6xx registry/digest, but as you have stated,
     the 533/733 have same engines as the 633, and most of the mechanicals
     are same.  Thus most tips for these apply to the 6xx as well.

     Besides the 633 BMW manuals, I also have the Bentley, which covers
     most items.

     For you speed control, try to adjust the connector contacts to the
     box/brain.  This fixed a similar problem I had on a MBZ.

     Don