[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E30> Motronic Problems

Thanks again to all who gave the excellent advice to my dying 325e.  The initial problem was the Ignition
wires ( one wire was measured at 80,000 ohms ).  This solved the miss problem, now another has risen.  The car
when cold has a flucuating idle, + or - 350 rpms up and down.  The Bentley manual says if you disconnect the
connection on the idle valve the car should increase rpm to about 2000, my car goes to 2000 but flucuates up
and down 500 to 750 rpm.  Is the Idle control valve kaput?  Is there a simple way to test it? Is it something
else?

Your comments are always greatly appreciated,

Robert Obando
73 tii
85 325e