[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<02> EFI Conversion

I am planning an electronic fuel injectino conversion for my '74 '02.

I'm using Pete McHenry's (Pete, if you're out there, please reply -- thanks)
article from the BMW Enthuiest's (sp?) Companion as a starting piont.

I already have the intake manifold, and mass air flow sensor from an early 320i.

I'm in need of the E30 318i fuel rail and injectors, and 318i water outlet,
and the 318i ECM (I'm actually hoping to do my own ECM eventually -- I'm an
EE with a lot of microcontroller experience).

Can any of these parts (like the injectors, and fuel rail) be gotton from
other cars (BMW, or non BMW)?

Also, a 48mm throttle-body was mentioned (then bored to 51mm, and a 325e
butterfly used).  Can I just use a 325e throttle body?

If anyone out there has done this type of conversion, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks,
Jay
'89 325i
'74 2002 (hopes to be a 2002i).