[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<30> M3 questions

For those of you that own E30  M3s, I have 2
questions.

1) I know that on some cars, the transmission makes
knocking, clunking sounds when the car is in neutral
& the clutch is out.  Mine knocks REAL LOUD.  Even
louder after Sunday's autocross.  Now my car sounds
like a diesel truck when I'm in neutral at a stop.
Should I be worried about this?  I added Redline MTL
couple months back to help with the cold shifting.

2)  Is your M3 hard to start in the morning?  Mine is.
Takes several cranking before the car would start up.
Once started, it stumbles, cough, chokes for about 15
seconds before coming up to 1000rmp idle.  Can
anyone tell me how to test the cold start valve &
temperature sensor?

TIA

anthony