[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<tires> Yokohama A509

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, it should be stated that the
same tire will respond Quite differently on different cars.  While it is
good to hear the tire recommendations of others, the type of car the
reviewer used and the place(s) where the reviewer tested should not be
overlooked.  An example of this is the A509 reviews that have been going
about.  I placed a set of 225/60/HR14's on my Coupe ('69 2800CS) and
found them to be Extremely Dangerous in the any rain. I live in
Washington and, as it is very well known, it rains quite often.  Because
of the typical rust issues associated with a Coupe, I have little
interest in driving in Any amount of rain.  However, when faced with
such a situation I am... well... about as dangerous as a Coupe with
A509's.
Needless to say, I have a set of Very lightly worn tires for sale... for
the Skid Pad... or those whom live in parts of the country where it
doesn't rain.

- -Bryce (that CS freak) j