[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GUIBO

>I bet there's others like me that would like to know what a GUIBO is.
>Something to do with the drive shaft???

It's the rubber coupling between the driveshaft and the gearbox
(transmission).  When it starts to wear out, it develop small cracks in the
rubber.  The most common symptom of failure is vibration of the driveline
under accelaration.  You will feel the vibration in the seat of the car and
somewhat in the steering wheel (this is in contrast to front suspension and
front brake problems which manifest themselves mostly in the steering wheel).

Hope this helps.

Bob Stommel
78 320iS, 88 M3, 95 M3