[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Yokohama A378s and A509

   From: martin <martin@domain.elided>
   Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 17:35:00 -0700

   Does anybody have any personal experiences they might want to
   share?

My wife's car, a Honda Civic SI, has a set of A509's.  I get to drive
the car frequently in both dry and wet conditions and I push it almost
as hard as my '87 325is with RE71's.  As far as I am concerned, the
A509's are excellent.  Not quite as good as the RE71's, but certainly
almost as good in the dry.  The RE71's feel better, but the A509's
certainly grip about as well on high speed exit ramps!

For wet driving, they seem good though I have not really pushed them.
Can't say anything about winter conditions cause we have another set
of snow tires.

These days I get all my tires from Tire Rack, and I'm happy they
recommended the A509's.