[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Wheel question.

Before I get to my main question about replacement wheels for my 88 635
Maybe someone
can give me advise about the digest when on holiday.
I will be gone for a couple weeks next month and would like to continue my
subscription but fear that it will have a back up that will kill my
Compuserve serveus. Any experience???

Wheel question:
  My 6 with metric wheels ( TRX or TRW or??) is going to need tires soon. I
would like to go to a 16 or 17 inch wheel and have a better selection for
tires..
This is my stock automatic daily driver, 120k miles. Good looking and shape
( except for the beat up front spoiler. ( Do you know how close duck tapes
color is to BMW silver, Not bar really)
I like the 5 spoke wheels that show off the whoe goodies but that is
secondary to cost and parking the metrics.
What other BMW models ( or other makes) will fit ( bolt pattern and offset)
my late model 6.
I think 5 and 7 are a forsure but I picked  up a thread about E36 wheels
fitting too??? E30 M wheels?
In my mind correct offset is a wheel that clears everything sprung and
unsprung?? ( open for education)
the Metric wheel is ( I think) about a 15 1/2 so a 16 should be a shoe in.
17's? 17's with plus 1"s?
How does this upset the speedometer on the late model cars and if it does (
much) how should it be modified?
Ray Kirkland
88  635Csi
71 2002 morfing daily