[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<E36><318ti> Brake Rotors

Bob T:

Yes, the ti has solid rotors.  Yes, it was a cost saving measure because
the 318ti costs a lot less than a normal 3 series.  The solid rotors are
holding up well at all the driver's schools I have attended.  They
don't seem to have a warping problem or a stopping problem.  They provide
lower unsprung weight and lower replacement cost.  Unless you are putting
an E36 M3 engine in that puppy, I'd keep the brakes the way they are.
You can always change to nasty pads (MetalMaster, CoolCarbon) if you need
a bit more stopping power.  Bigger is not always better.

- -TB