[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Yokohama A378s and A509

> A friend of mine is replacing the tires on her '71 2002 and wants to
> know what size to go with.  She's considering Yokohama A509 or A378.
> Right now the car has 175/70R13 on some white bmw mag wheels I think.
> What would be the best size oriented more towards performance and looks.
> I was thinking A509's in 185/60R13, but am concerned that this tire
> might be too small.  Does anybody have any personal experiences they
> might want to share?

I have had several cars with both the A378 and A509 tires.  I have NOT
been impressed with the A378s.  In several cases the A509s were very
surprising in performance.  Most of my experiences were on the
Mississippi gulf coast with lots and lots of rain and high temperatures.
 I have no experiences with the A509s in cold climates. I lived with the
A378s in Reno, NV last winter and was very disappointed with them.  The
cars
were - BMW 318i,  Hyundai Excel and Mazda 626.  I know this is not
addressing your
size concern, but be advised there is a lot of difference between the
two tires performance.